Sunday, April 1, 2018

What I have written I have written


They crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.” And as was the custom Pilate wrote a title, for the condemned: his name, his city, and his “crime,” and put it on the cross.

And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin. Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.

Pilate answered, What I have written I have written” (cf. John 19:18-22).








































©2018 Christian. Textual content may be copied and distributed, but it may not be sold. https://a-hillside-church.blogspot.com/

No comments: