Sunday, April 29, 2018

The Bride


“Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints” (Rev 19:7-8). “And they shall look upon me whom they have pierced,” and she shall mourn making “herself ready.” 

 Yet, “holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling,” looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.” “And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a ‘bride’ adorned for her husband” (Rev 21:2). 

“In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” (Joh 14:2-3).



By Joseph Martin Kronheim (1810-1896) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons ©2018

©2018 Christian. Textual content may be copied and distributed, but it may not be sold.

No comments: